Council Tax Support 2021/22
Received: 25 May 2022
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would be grateful for the following information:
1. How many Council Tax Support claimants were there in your authority on 31st March 2022?
2. Of those claimants how many were:
b. Receiving the maximum support available under your scheme
3. How many court summons for non-payment of Council tax were issued in 2021/22?
4. Of those summonsed how many received Council Tax Support?
5. Of those summonsed and in receipt of Council Tax Support, how many were charged court costs and what was the total amount of those costs?
6. How many Council Tax Support claimants had a liability order issued against them for non-payment of council tax in 2021/22?
7. Of those Council Tax Support claimants with a liability order issued against them how many:
a. Had deduction from benefits requested in 2021/22?
b. Had deduction from earnings requested in 2021/22?
c. Had enforcement agents engaged to recover the debt in 2021/22?
8. What was the Minimum Payment under your Borough's Council Tax Support scheme in 2021/22?
9. How many residents receiving council tax support were in arrears with their council tax as 31st March 2022?
10. What is the total amount of council tax payable from people receiving council tax support in 2021/22?
11. What is the total amount of council tax outstanding from people receiving council tax support in 2021/22?
12. How much did you spend on council tax support in 2021/22?
13. If you have a hardship fund specifically for CTS claimants in arrears:
a) what was the budget for the hardship fund in 2021/22?
b) how much of the hardship fund was spent in in 2021/22?
c) how many CTS claimants were made an award from this hardship fund in 2021/22?
Outcome / Documents
- Response (some not held) - application/pdf - Download