Council Tax Support
Received: 11 November 2022
Under the Freedom of Information Act (2000), please tell me:
1. How many working-age residents in your borough receive some amount of Council Tax Support?
2. Of these, how many currently receive one or more means-tested 'legacy benefit'?
3. Is an application for Council Tax Support automatically made when someone resident in your borough applies for Universal Credit?
4. How far back do you allow a Council Tax Support claim to be backdated?
5. What safeguards or procedures do you have in place to ensure someone moving from 'legacy benefits' to Universal Credit continues to receive their Council Tax Support entitlement?
For clarity, the legacy benefits I am referring to in point 2) are:
* Income-based Jobseekers' Allowance
* Income-based Employment Support Allowance
* Income Support
* Child or Working Tax Credits
* Housing Benefit (if possible, except where the recipient is in Temporary Accommodation)
If you only hold information relating to point 2) regarding some of these benefits, please provide that information.
If you need any further clarification regarding this request, please do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to your response in no later than 20 working days.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download