Borough-wide Public Spaces Protection Order - Number 1 of 2022
Received: 22 February 2023
1. Please provide the evidence gathered by Barnet Council which shows that the above PSPO is justified, including:
- evidence that the activities prohibited by the above PSPO have had a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality, and
- evidence that the prohibited activities are likely to occur.
- evidence that the effect of the prohibited activities is, or is likely to be, of a persistent and continuing nature, is such as to make the activities unreasonable, and justifies the restrictions imposed by the above PSPO.
2. What viable alternatives to the PSPO were considered by the Council.
3. What consideration was given to the adverse impact to people on the basis of protected characteristics (principally race and age).
4. Please provide:
(i) any report(s) provided to the Council in connection with the decision to impose the PSPO;
(ii) any document(s) recording or evidencing the Council's compliance with the PSED in connection with the decision to impose the PSPO (including any EIA conducted);
(iii) any report(s) of any consultation exercise(s) conducted by the Council in connection with the decision to impose the PSPO.
Outcome / Documents
- Appendix A_Borough wide PSPO No 1 of 2022 Authorised order 9.12.22 - application/pdf - Download
- Appendix B_PSPO 023321 Barnet PSPO Ward map sign A2 sizing FINAL - application/pdf - Download
- Appendix C_Borough Wide PSPO Public consultation summary report - application/pdf - Download
- Appendix D_Equalities Impact Assessment (revised post public consultation) Barnet Borough Wide PSPO 2022 18.11.22 v0.2 (002) - application/pdf - Download
- DPR - Borough-wide Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) FINAL approved 8.12.22 - application/pdf - Download
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download