Scanning of paper records
Received: 2 March 2023
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I would like the following information to be provided to me as an electronic copy. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
1. Does the Council have a dedicated on-site scanning team for paper records?
1. If so, how many FTE are within the team?
2. What volumes are the team scanning on a daily / weekly / monthly / annual basis?
3. Are the team scanning legacy records or day forward, or both?
4. What hardware & software is used by the team?
5. Is the hardware leased, rented or was it purchased outright?
6. Who is responsible within the organisation for the procurement of hardware and software? Please supply contact details.
2. If the Council does not have a dedicated on-site scanning team, is there a contract for outsourced document scanning provisions?
1. If so, who is this contract with?
2. What is the value of the contract?
3. When is the contract due for renewal?
3. Does the Council have on-site facilities to store paper records?
4. Does the Council have contract(s) for off-site storage?
1. If so, who is the contract with?
2. Does the contract include scan on demand or digitising services?
3. If so, what volumes of pages / images are scanned daily/weekly/monthly/annually?
4. What is the annual cost for outsourced scanning - either on-demand or scheduled?
5. Are there departments within the Council that scan their own documents locally?
1. If so, what hardware and software is used to manage this?
2. Are volumes captured? If so, what are they?
3. What types of documents are scanned?
6. Who is responsible for records / document management programmes/systems? Please provide contact details
7. Who manages the contract(s) relationships with hardware providers and outsourced storage or scanning providers? Please provide contact details
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download