British Sign Language Interpreting & Translation Services
Received: 3 April 2023
Dear Freedom of Information Team,
Involve Interpreter provides high quality virtualised British Sign Language Interpreting & Translation Services for any size of organisation. We support a wide range of sectors including local authorities, public sector, health, education and commercial. We also provide accessibility support to individuals. We have our own dedicated team of employed interpreters and language professionals experienced in delivering high quality support in both general and specialist areas. We also provide BSL video based translations for any digital content and messaging you want to make accessible to the Deaf Community.
If you could help us in providing the following information, it would be most appreciated:
1. Who is the point of contact for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within the Council? Can you provide their email address?
2. Who is the point of contact for Internal and External Communications within the Council? Can you provide their email address?
3. Is your internal and external comms/content currently provided in BSL for the Deaf community?
i) If yes, do you outsource these BSL translations to an agency?
ii) If no, do you have a budget in place and plans to deliver this in BSL throughout 2023/24?
4. Who is the point of contact for Learning and Development training for staff within the Council? Can you provide their email address?
5. Are you currently providing Deaf awareness training to your Staff?
I would appreciate it if the information could be provided to me as an electronic copy. If this is not possible then I am more than happy to accept a paper copy
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the Act, you are required to advise and assist requesters. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
If the release of any of this information is prohibited on the grounds of breach of confidence, I ask that you supply me with copies of the confidentiality agreement and remind you that information should not be treated as confidential if such an agreement has not been signed.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this letter. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download