housing complaints from residents living in the private rented sector
Received: 19 April 2023
Please see the following freedom of information request.
1. Can you provide data on the number of residents living in the private rented sector in your borough who have requested an inspection by council environmental health officers because of complaints relating to the state of their home for each of the last four years (2019/20, 2020/21, 2021/22, 2022/23)?
2. Of these complaints, how many were inspected in person by council officers?
3. How many of these complaints were upheld by the council?
4. In how many cases did the council serve the landlord with a notice to resolve the issues (e.g. improvement notice or hazard awareness notice)?
5. How many cases resulted in the council taking emergency remedial action?
6. In how many cases did the council issue a prohibition order?
7. How many cases resulted in the council issuing a banning order under the 2016 Housing and Planning Act?
If you have any questions relating to this request, please contact me by way of reply.
Outcome / Documents
- Response (all information to be supplied) - application/pdf - Download