Fines and charges
Make a payment
You can pay fines and charges at the library, to our staff during staffed opening times or by cash in the self-service kiosks.
You can also pay online with a debit or credit card online. To do this:
- log into your library account
- select ‘My Account’ on the top menu bar
- enter your library card number and PIN
- go to ‘charges’
Fines for overdue items
Fines are charged for items returned late.
- adult items 25p per day
- children’s items 5p per day
- DVDs 25p per day
You can set up email alerts to remind you to renew your items before they are due. To do this you will need to add your email address to your library account.
- visit our online catalogue
- chose ‘My Account’ on the top menu bar
- enter your library card and PIN
- select 'Contact Options'
- add your email address
Select and Collect service
Search the catalogue for library items and request them via our Select and Collect service for free (applies to items available in Barnet libraries).
Charges to request an item we do not stock:
- to request a book not available in Barnet Libraries £1.00
- to request a book obtained from another library authority £4.00
- to request a book obtained from the British Library £6.00
- late return fee for a book obtained from the British Library £4.30
Lost library card
To replace a lost card
- £2 for adult cards
- £1 for children's or teenage cards
Free to borrow
£1 per week
- Black and white printing per A4 sheet 20p
- Colour printing per A4 sheet 80p
- Black and white A4 per sheet 20p
- Black and white A3 per sheet 30p
- Colour A4 per sheet 80p
- Colour A3 per sheet £1.20