COVID-19 Outbreak. Licensing services are currently operating a reduced service.
No telephone service.
Find out more
You need a licence to:
- sell alcohol
- sell alcohol to members and guests in a members club
- offer regulated entertainment such as films, plays, indoor sports, boxing or wrestling, live or recorded music or dancing
- sell late night refreshment such as hot food or hot drinks between 11pm and 5am
There are 4 types of licences you may need to apply for depending on what you want to do
- premises licences - this is a license which allows one or more of the activities that need a licence in a building
- personal licences - to sell alcohol from a premises (that has a premises licence) at least one person must be responsible for the sales of alcohol, this person will need a personal licence.
- club premises certificate - similar to premises licence but for members only clubs
- temporary event notices - for one off events for a limited period of time and limited numbers of people