About A board licences
If you do not need to apply for a street trading licence to display goods or place tables and chairs for your customers outside of your premises, you will still need to apply for a licence to display an advertisement A Board on the public highway.
An A board licence lasts for 1 year
Apply for an A board licence
Apply for an A board licence (PDF 93KB)
Who can get a temporary street trading licence
You must meet the following criteria to be able to apply:
- The applicant must not have been or be in the process of being prosecuted by the licensing authority for unlicensed street trading activities.
- Have not had an A board licence revoked by the London Borough of Barnet’s Licensing Authority
- Have enough space on the public highway to enable them to place their A Board safely
- Have Public Liability Insurance cover in place for the premises
The total cost for each A Board that you wish to place on the public highway is £140.
The payment of this fee is split into two instalments. The first part of the fee that needs to be paid is the application fee of £100 (per A board applied for). This payment needs to be made before the application can be deemed valid.
The second part of the payment needs to be paid after the application has been granted but before the Licensing Team can issue the licence. This second fee is £40 per A board applied for.
Documents you must supply with your application
As well as sending in a correctly competed application form, the applicant must also provide the following information/documentation:
- Evidence of public liability insurance in respect of anything to be done following the licence as the authority may require
- A location sketch showing the proposed placement of the A board on the public highway if not to scale, with measurements clearly shown
- A photo of the A board that you wish to place on the Public Highway
- Appropriate application fee