Remembrance Sunday wreaths
Barnet residents will have the chance to pay their respects to those who have died in conflicts around the world at Remembrance Day services on Sunday 12 November, with several services and parades in the borough.
The Worshipful Mayor of Barnet, Cllr Nagus Narenthira, will be attending Hendon War Memorial on Remembrance Sunday and will lay a wreath on behalf of the Mayoralty, Councillors and burgesses.
The Leader of Barnet Council and the Leader of the Opposition will be in attendance along with Armed Forces, veterans, cadets, representatives of the emergency services and the Salvation Army Band.
The Worshipful Mayor of Barnet, Cllr Nagus Narenthira, said: “We will remember all those who gave their lives for our peace and freedom in conflicts across the world. Remembrance Sunday is always a very moving and poignant day, a chance for the whole borough to mark this important occasion. Lest we forget.”
The Remembrance Sunday parade will arrive at Hendon War Memorial at 10.40am and two minutes of silence will be observed at 11am.
Remembrance commemorations in the borough are listed below. Unless stated otherwise, they will be happening on Remembrance Sunday.
- Hendon War Memorial – A41 Watford Way 10.40am; parade forms up St Joseph’s School from 10.10am
- High Barnet: St John’s Church, Wood Street – 10.40am
- New Barnet Albert Road (RBL) parade to Station Rd War memorial – 9.15am
- East Barnet: Brookhill Road (RBL) to East Barnet Methodist Church War Memorial – 10.30am
- Edgware War Memorial – 9.50am
- Mill Hill: St Paul’s Church & Middx Regt The Ridgeway NW7 – 9.50am
- St Mary’s at Finchley & St Marylebone Cemetery – 9.50am
- St Kilda’s & Finchley United Service Club (Ballards Lane) – 10.45am
- Totteridge: St Andrew’s Church – 9.50am
- All Saint’s Church, Oakleigh Road North – 9.40am
- Hampstead Garden Suburb Free Church – 10.40am
- Golders Green: Clock Tower War Memorial – 10.30am
- Golders Green: Greek Orthodox Cathedral – 10.30am
- Friern Barnet: St John the Evangelist Friern Barnet Road – 9.50am
- Monken Hadley: St Mary the Virgin and war memorial (Camlet Way) – 10.15am
- Finchley Memorial Hospital (new memorial since 2021) – service at 10.30am on Friday 10 November.
- Friern Barnet: St James the Great – War Memorial (Friern Barnet Lane) on Armistice Day (day before Remembrance Sunday) 11/11 – 10.50am
- Hendon Crematorium on Armistice Day (day before Remembrance Sunday) 11/11 – 10.30am
Wreaths will be sent to Barnet’s twin towns, Chaville and Le Raincy in France, as always, for their Remembrance services on Armistice Day (11 November).