Youth Assembly will be re-launched in Spring 2020 and will be held at Hendon Town Hall. In the meantime, please come along and join Barnet Youth Board
Barnet Youth Assembly is open to anyone aged 11-18 (up to 25 with additional needs) who are living, studying or working in Barnet.
What is it?
As a Youth Assembly member you can;
- come together to debate local issues which are important to you
- make your voice heard within the council’s democratic decision making process
- have the opportunity to hear from and ask questions of influential guest speakers
- take your issues directly to elected councillors who discuss how the council can best address them.
What is the benefit?
- Improves debating and public speaking skills whilst sitting in the same seats as the elected Council members at Hendon Town Hall
- Develop your skills and confidence in public speaking, debating and critical thinking
- To have the opportunity to work with other Youth Forums in the borough on an annual social action project
- Enabling young people to develop life skills, self-confidence, self-esteem and a sense of civic responsibility.
“It’s good to debate and learn new skills, meet new people and get involved with the community”. Youth Assembly member