Essential maintenance

On Saturday 2 July from 8am to 1pm, access to Council Tax services online may be limited. This is due to essential maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.

In most cases you won’t need to apply for Housing Benefit, but should apply for Universal Credit instead.


You should make a new claim for Housing Benefit if you:

  • live in supported exempt accommodation 
  • have been placed in temporary accommodation by Barnet Homes
  • have reached State Pension Credit age, or are part of a couple where both of you have reached state Pension Credit age. You can check when you reach State Pension Credit age